I am looking for an assistant translator to collaborate with on a long-term basis. I want to be able to share a portion of the requests that I receive with a reliable assistant who can take on my surplus workload, which at the moment I have to forgo during my busiest periods because of being fully booked
This position is ideal for a translator who has just set themselves up as a freelancer and wants to have a regular flow of work from the outset, benefitting from the clients and experience I have already acquired over the past three years. I will also be able to provide references for the successful candidate should they make applications elsewhere.
- Translation qualification (graduate and/or post-graduate level)
- Native English speaker (you will never be asked to translate into your second language(s))
- Uses and owns a CAT tool (I use SDL Trados 2015) or willing to purchase a licence for one
- VAT number
- Proficient in either Italian or French (ideally both)
- Full-time freelancer, with no other work commitments (being able to answer emails promptly is essential, as is swiftly providing your availability for any translation requests that I send to you)
- The successful candidate will be required to sign an NDA.
Newly graduated translator with an MA in Translation or equivalent, with either Italian or French into English or both who is looking to build their career in the industry. Ideally this person should have an interest in developing expertise in legal (particularly contracts) and marketing text types, as these are the two areas that provide the majority of my requests. This role is location-independent, but the ideal candidate would be based in Europe so that we have similar time zones.
Please bear in mind that this is an assistant position designed to offer you work on a regular basis and does not constitute full-time work, so you would be free to take on other jobs and seek out clients of your own.
If you are interested, please provide your CV, relevant qualifications and any references for previous work experience. Please also state the per source word rate that you would be willing to accept for translation in euros (EUR). You will also be asked to complete a short translation test.