Originally from Germany, I have spent the last 4 years working and living abroad, improving and building upon my language skills. Graduated with a Master's Degree in Automotive Engineering, I have more than 3 years post-graduate experience in the mechanical engineering industry. I am highly specialized in technical translation, especially for the automotive & engineering business and can guarantee excellent written content for a better & smoother readers’ experience as well as deadline commitment.
Ever since I began working as a freelance translator, I participated in diverse translation projects such as:
• website localization
• Amazon product listings
• Shopify store localization
• marketing material, brochures, manuals
• software and mobile application localization, incl. mobile gaming apps
• technical & scientific translations, especially for the automotive industry.
With a long and extensive background in the corporate world (US, CY & NL companies) in leading positions I have managed to become a well rounded specialist with strong expertise in Customer Services, Management, Account Management, Direct Selling, Compliance (within Direct Selling) obtained in international, multicultural environments of the sectors Tourism, e-Commerce, Telecom, FMCG, Financial Trading and Crowdfunding.
I have translated text throughout my entire professional career, and am fully bilingual in the language pair EN-DE, DE-EN and EN/DE - NL. I live in the Netherlands since over 15 years now, am a native German and work as a freelance translator here and on other platforms since more than 3 years.
Over 15 years of experience in providing translations to private and corporate employers (mostly English-German, Polish-German, German-Polish and Polish-English). Hardworking, imaginative, accurate and punctual. My employers appreciate me delivering projects on time as well as creative suggestions I might have concerning contents, layouts, language phrasing, verbalisation etc.
My definite strength is to deliver a high quality, error-free translation on time an according to the employer's specification. My clients have always been content with my very quick turnaround and appreciated clear and comprehensive communication between both sides.
Starting as interpreter and translator during the balkan war, while studying German language in Zagreb, I moved 1995 to Austria, where I live ever since. I am Croatian and German native with profund knowledge of English language. In the meanwhile I was working in big international companies like European Telecom International, a company of Telefonica, and DHL. Since 2012 I am self-employed and work as translator and writer.
I'm a 34 years old native German author and translator.
Within the last years I translated websites, newsletters, contracts or other documents and also books.
Before this I studied management of media (including a semester abroad in the UK) and began a schooling as an alternative practitioner for animals. All the years I worked in different side jobs, gaining knowledge in areas I otherwise might not have touched (florist, industrial production, programming, journalism, etc.).
Besides my interests have a wide range, they vary from computers and games to physical and mental health to cooking or crafting. If I need to clarify something, I can come back to specialists in design & photography, physics & electricity, (board) games, horses, crafting, marketing, journalism & writing within my network.
// Best times to contact me: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm CET //
I also work on weekends if needed, but I am only in limited reach on Saturdays and Sundays.
Highly educated and well-read individual with in-depth knowledge in a variety of fields. Perfectly bi-lingual in Russian & German since my early childhood, with excellent proficiency in English. Language enthusiast and autodidactic learning talent with an academic background in linguistics. Easy to approach and communicate with, always taking a keen interest in customer’s products and success. Able to work with people from all cultural, personal and geographical backgrounds.
Constantly improving professional skills & educational level. Worked with a large number of clients, companies and translation agencies. Wrote translations for names such as Microsoft, Siemens, 3D Systems, and more.
I have been working as a professional freelance translator for the language pairs EN-DE, EN-EL, DE-EL, EL-DE in several projects. Also specialized in subtitling, Desktop Publishing, Website-Development, and more...
1988 - 1997 - Cooperation with Bavaria Film - filmproduction company for synchronization
1986-2002 - Daily translations of material between the languages English-German-Greek as part of my job as a Manager of a Travel Agency in Germany - Munich.
2005 - Begin of cooperation with M.T. Kaltenmaier, German translator in the head office of the European Community in Luxemburg
2007 - Translation-Services for the Real Estate Agency Ef Zein in Chania - Crete
2013 - Cooperation with LTES Ltd, Athens
2013 - Start of cooperation with Lionbridge / Participation in several TMS-OnDemand-Projects with LTB-Check
2015 - Interpreter for the film production ZUSAMMEN Filmproduktion, Wolfgang Reinke, Berlin
I am a fully bilingual (German < > English), semi-retired university instructor and translator with excellent written and verbal skills in both languages (30+ years of language teaching experience and translation).
144+ GE > EN translation projects (for European agency)
85+ EN > GE translation projects (for European agency)
18 EN > GE book translations (babelcube.com)
Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
I am translating and proofreading from English and French into German (any variant). I am originally from Switzerland and now living in the Netherlands. Over the last 1,5 years I have been gaining freelance experience in a vast variety of subject, mainly I am specialised in IT, fashion and marketing.
Kann perfekt deutsch und russisch, bin eine Halb Ukrainerin, deshalb auch ukrainisch. Знаю в идеале немецкий язык, русский также является мои родным языком, выросла в двухязычной семье в Украине. Именно поэтому и знания украинского языка на высшем уровне.
I am a sworn translator in Germany and am native in both German and Russian. I have studied Translation Studies in Heidelberg (Germany) and International Relations in Budapest (Hungary). My specializations stem from practical work experience either as a freelancer in translation, or as an employee in the branch. In any case don't hesitate to ask me about my CV and I will be happy to forward it to you, so you get to know more about me as a professional in the translation business.
I am SPECIALIZED IN TECHNOLOGY & IT/BUSINESS & FINANCE/MARKETING/VIDEO GAMES
I am a reliable, quick and passionate translator living in Berlin and offer high-quality translations helping to reach your target audience easily.
I have several years of experience in linguistic activities such as producing translations in technical, academic and marketing environment as well as working in different positions in the office management and finance departments. Since 2016 I work as a freelance translator.
As a native German, I have completed my bachelor's degree at University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal in Technical Translation. I also provide proofreading, editing and transcription services. Feel free to contact me, if you need expert help for your business. I would be happy to support you.
I'm a native German speaker (bilingual DE/EN) from Switzerland, based in Southeast Asia.
My professional background is in banking, fashion, and luxury travel. I have been translating a wide range of legal documents, financial reports, website content, marketing material, travel itineraries, etc. for almost 2 decades. In early 2017 I have transitioned to working as a full-time freelancer.
If your project requires translation (general, financial, legal, technical, medical), proofreading or editing (grammar, syntax, flow, voice, style), it will be in good hands with me. My clients receive regular updates while I work on a task and I am determined to keep deadlines as agreed.
Many of my clients hire me on a repeat basis, however, I'm also open to one-time assignments and flexible in terms of scope and subject matter.
Please message me if you would like to work with me. Thank you!
I have two degrees in translation, a "Diplom" from the Johannes-Gutenberg University in Germany and an MSc in Translation and Interpreting from the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Furthermore, I have been translating for more than 10 years and have worked in a wide array of fields - in the past 5 years I have mainly dealt with pharmaceutical research texts, but continue to translate all sorts of text, including contracts, certificates, degrees and many more.
- Excellent communication skills acquired during the last 20 years as a freelancer
Organisational / managerial skills
- Outstanding organisational / managerial skills gained as the managing director of my own translation agency and my export company
- Professional language skills acquired during more than 20 years as a self-employed translator/interpreter for various clients in all kinds of trades
I am a translator, editor and tutor for the German language, trained at a business school in Vienna, Austria.
I also worked on numerous projects translating and/or editing subtitles for movies and documenteries.
2014 I started to work on several projects as Siri Data Analyst and Software Tester for a division of the Localization department at Apple European HQ in Cork, Ireland.
For about a decade I translate in the language pair English/German, several years in my position as Office Manager I translated documents relevant to tourism and real estate business into the German language on a daily base. As an online tutor, I support international students to improve their German for a language school based in Berlin.
Editing and translation of software manuals (in particular IT/Software) (German-English and also English-German)
Maintenance of web pages as well as product documents (constuction industry, travel enterprises)
Editing and translation of marketing documents (IT/Software, travel businesses)
I am Cedric, a self-motivated, enthusiastic, optimistic, internet savy, and workaholic freelancer. I love to work even if it comes up with a great challenge.
I do offer multilingual translation as well as transcripting service since 2013. Each translation and content will be processed by me, no translation software or any indian company.
I specialize in:
English> German> English
English> Russian> English
(I´m living in Germany, have been born here, my parents are from Russia and I got a certification from the Cambridge university for my skills in English)
Accuracy, customer satisfaction and timely delivery will always be the priority. So just assign me and relax! :)
Lastly, I want to greet you for reading about me!
With kind regards,
My name is Julius Schaad, I am a German American freelance translator and language tutor of German and English. I speak fluent Russian and possess basic language skills in French and Arabic. I have a German degree in engineering, which I got in 2010. In the same year I started working as a freelance translator (English and German), and since 2013 I have been teaching English and German as a language tutor in Moscow, Russia. In 2017 I graduated from Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in International Relations.
A native German with a strong linguistic background and extensive experience in translating ERP and CRM training material for global organisations.
I have translated training material from English into German, French and Spanish.
Apart from being a passionate translator, I am also an ERP consultant for global ERP implementations.
For more information on my professional experience visit www.weber-consultancy.com
I have worked in a Korean business as a brand and export manager for over 5 years where daily tasks included translation of business emails, marketing materials, reports, contracts, assembly instructions as well as online research (Korean to English and vice versa, Japanese to English).
Born 1972 in Aurich, Germany.
Married, a bilingual son (born in 1996).
1992-1998 University of Groningen / Netherlands:
Scandinavian languages and cultures / Swedish
Slavic languages and literature / Russian
General linguistics and Translation studies
1998-2005 Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), The Hague / Netherlands:
and Institute of the Peoples of the North, St Petersburg:
- The difference between translation, localization and transcreation
- Language Contact / Multilingual childhood education
Freelance translator and interpreter
- Since 1998 freelance translator for agencies in Europe/America/Asia
- Since 1999 sworn translator and interpreter authorized by Lower Saxony (Germany) for German, English, Dutch, Swedish, Russian
German (native), English, Dutch, Swedish, Russian (fluent)
French, Spanish (good-very good)
I am a professional translator in German, Spanish and English. I graduated from university in 2011 and have been working as a freelance translator and as a translator for a Chilean University in part-time.