I'm an independent freelancer book translator(English to Korean) and former book editor. I translated more than 25 non-fiction books. I specialize in wine and food. I translated The World Atlas of Wine(6th) by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson, which is very renowned wine reference book, into Korean. I am pretty sure that I am the very best Korean translator on wine. Travel and culture is my another speciality. However, of course, I'm good at almost all general subjects. I've also worked for many commercial translation assignments. More than 15 years of work experience.
I am a native Korean speaker and work as an English to Korean freelance translator. I majored in English at university with a minor in business administration, and also hold a master's degree in economics.
Before I began to work as a freelance translator, I worked full time as a market researcher for about three years. I worked in the IT, insurance and construction industries as a researcher.
As a translator, I have extensive experience in the IT, travel and government (especially relating to social services) sectors. In addition, sectors I have translation experience in include finance, cosmetics and real estates.
The types of documents I mainly deal with include marketing materials (website contents, promotional emails or letters), legal documents (terms and conditions, terms of service) and government publications.
Korean native that was raised in the UK and South Korea, I have been bilingual my whole life and started teaching language at the age of 11. Korea Institute of Interpretation and Translation hired me on as a novice translator when I was 16 years old and since then I have worked for different language service providers and clientele.
Detail-oriented translator with extensive experiences in IT, patent, technical, legal and medical interpretaion as well as art and culinary-related texts, equipped with diverse academic backgrounds including Ph.D, MLS, MA and BA in Art History, Korean Studies, Information Science and Engineering.
Hello, I am currently working as an ELL teacher in elementary school in Anchorage Alaska. This is my first year as an ELL teacher and I've worked as a Special Education Teacher for 6 years. I was born in Korea and graduated from college with a BS in Economics. I came to America 15 years ago. Before I came to America I worked as an article writer for a Monthly Health Magazine for 3 years. I also wrote several scripts for skits that were performed at small theaters and churches. I love writing and I believe my previous experiences would be a great asset for my new journey toward translating!
I CAN SPEAK ,WRITE ,MULTI LANGUAGE LIKE ENGLISH ,SPANISH ,KOREANS, HINDI ,GERMAN ,,RUSSIAN ,LATIN ,LAO ,FRENCH ,ARABIC ,ESTONIAN, CHINESE (TRADITIONAL) ,KURDISH, PORTUGUESE ,PERSIAN, CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED), ITALIAN, PASHTO, UZBEK ,GEORGIAN, HUNGARIAN ,FINNISH,KAZAKH,LATVIAN, TURKISH,HEBREW,SWEDISH ETC.
I'm an Eng-Kor and Kor-Eng translator who currently lives in Hanoi, Vietnam. I have experiences in translating NDA, MOU, Sales/Purchasing/Rental contracts, QA and QC documents, and others while I worked for leading company in the PSA tape industry. I also dealt with real estate, ERP, trading, logistics, HR, accounting and so much more as projects.
Сертификат HSK1, TOPIK 3. Волонтер международной службы НГТУ, окончание Волонтёрской школы «BUDDY», волонтер IFOST-2016. Знание корейского языка – продвинутые навыки общения, чтение и перевод - свободно.
Please refer to my resume below and my Proz profile https://www.proz.com/profile/2624675 to see reviews from my clients.
As a translator: strong background in contemporary art, visual arts, design, art history.
as a English < > Korean Consecutive interpreter :
-Experienced in a broad spectrum of business organizations and government agencies including École Nationale d'administration, Korea Water Resources Corporation, , Busan Daily News, Korea Publication Industry Promotion Agency and Seoul Metropolitan Government.
-Consecutive Interpreting for Seminar/lecture, Government training, Business meeting, Media interviews, Art Exhibition and Research visits.
-Experienced in diverse fields such as government policies, culture/art policies, city branding, marketing, social welfare, mental health care, journalism, real estate, MICE industry, hazardous substance regulation, urban planning, medical devices, firefighting safety, illustration, contemporary arts, culture, design, and tourism.
As an in-house translator, I've worked in various fields and departments, working with overseas clients and vendors, for the past 10 years.
I am very passionate about languages, so I have a good understanding of English, Chinese (plus an intermediate level of Spanish, German, and Japanese) and the rules of Korean orthography.
Enthusiasm for translation, movies, and TV dramas made me complete a six-month course at a subtitling institution last year.
I am very diligent, I work on holidays and weekends.
* Punctuality. Versatility. Trust. Reliability.
* Capable of dealing with materials written in English by people from any country and culture
* Compatible with most CAT tools out there
* Adaptable to any condition
* Worked for major Korean companies(Chaebols such as Samsung and LG) as well as Korean government agencies, corporations and institutions, i.e. National Statistical Office, National Assembly, Governors Association of Korea and etc.
Graduated Incheon International high school in Korea.
Worked as a technical interpreter in 2014 Incheon Asian Game.
Worked in international school as an interpreter for Korean students.
Have experience of teaching English to kids in Korea.
Have experience of teaching Korean to Vietnamese.
I am a results-oriented Korean translator seeking a
interesting position where I can apply my knowledge and
skills for professional growth.
- blog.cybercure.ai (articles)
- Home Design 3D
- NeuroNation (in-app videos)
- Banners App
- Food Scanner
- Package Tracker by Steve Robertson
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Nexomon 2
- Kenshi (proofreading)
- Girls Chronicle
- Skyrim Enderal (as user translation)
- Solitaire Classic Era
- Word Beach
- Stacky Bird
- Break The Brick
- Translated and made subtitles for Pizza Hut Undenialbly Dairy tribute video
- Translated blockchain whitepapers of Azbit(AZ) and Typerium(TYPE)
- Transcribed Google Sequoia Project_ko_KR
- Translator of Adobe Private Talent Cloud since Aug 2019
Hi I'm Haemin. I am a Native Korean translator currently based in Ontario, Canada and I want to be your translator! I write fluently, and in a culturally appropriate manner in both Korean and English. I also work very closely with an Native English editor to ensure quality on translation to English projects. I can translate up to 100,000 words per month for any project you might have.
1. Translating text to the target language (English-Korean, Korean-English) with at least 9 years of working experiences in the medical and pharmaceutical field.
2. Clinical trial application dossier, regulatory, technical documentation, medical writing, drug data sheets, health care, medical devices, marketing.
3. Proofreading to ensure the formatted translation has proper quality and standards.
• Native South Korean and professional English-Korean translator
• Extensive scientific and engineering knowledge through a Bachelor's degree in Physics and Information Display
(Semiconductor, LCD, OLED, Plasma Display)
• Working experience in an automotive field and quality department
• Good knowledge of Quality, IT (Programming, Network) and Engineering (Automation, Embedded Systems)
through the training of ISO Certification Auditor Training Course and Building Automation Facility Control
• Tremendous amount of translation and editing experience with high quality and on-time delivery in the law,
business, medical, finance, HR, computer, engineering, fashion field, art, religion
• Comprehensive understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrencies