I am a Malaysian Chinese with excellent language proficiency in Malay, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) and English. With over 20 years of experience in translation and copywriting, I am confident that I can always produce high quality work. Currently I am appointed by SAP, Germany as the Malay Language Expert. Besides, I am also the appointed Subject Matter Expert of The Malaysian Insurance Institute.
• Graduated with Honours from University of Bradford in Engineering.
• A certified translator from Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia
• Experienced in translating business and technical documents, contracts, books and websites.
A well-presented, polite, articulate and friendly individual who is fully aware of diversity & multicultural issues, hence, able to combine a polite manner with razor-sharp efficiency. An experienced, multi-skilled & reliable freelance translator with a proven ability to translate documents from a source language to a target language. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas & can communicate clearly & effectively with people from all social & professional backgrounds. Flexible in the ability to adapt to challenges when they arise & at the same time remaining aware of professional roles & boundaries.
• Solid experience in translating & subtitling in all areas: business, legal, technical and commercial.
• Possess proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Able to work accurately, detailed, work under tight timeframes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relation capabilities.
• A calm professional with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Adapt well to challenge, resourceful and flexible.
• Experienced in observing tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information.
• Computer skills: MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Trados.