I am a translator for the English - Slovenian and Slovenian - English combination. I have plenty of experience with texts from various fields; I prefer general texts but I also translate more technical and specific texts.
My name is Aleksandra Urbas, I am a translator, an entrepreneur, an author and a project manager. I aspire for new knowledge in life, I am always interested in new opportunities and new contacts.
My husband and I have a family business, I am working mostly in the field of project and sales management and translation.
My language combinations are: RUS — SLO, SLO — RUS, ENG — RUS, RUS — ENG, SLO — ENG, ENG — SLO.
My work experience will speak for itself, but I am always looking for new knowledge, that is why I am educating myself frequently.
I am very interested in international work and business connections.
Throughout my career, I have translated different types of texts:
- Translation of business correspondence from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of subtitles for different television shows/films from English into Slovene
- Translation of various technical and legal documents (instruction manuals for home appliances, agricultural machinery and physiotherapy equipment, contracts, forms, certificates) from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various fashion, home and sports products (clothing, footwear, accessories, cosmetics, kitchen utensils, bedding etc.) from English into Slovene
- Translation of various cosmetics texts (marketing, products, professional magazine) from English/German into Slovene
- Translation of websites for various companies from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various medical texts from English/German into Slovene
I am a Slovenian translator with an excellent command of English and Italian and considerable experience in translating and proofreading as a freelancer, particularly in the following fields: marketing, tourism, fashion, health and lifestyle, education, general legal texts (contracts, regulations).
Teacher of German and English – private courses, translator, proofreader – Freelancer (from 2014 on)
Teacher of German and English at the School Centre Šolski center Celje (1991-2014)
Teacher of German and English at the School of Management SUAŠ, Ljubljana (1989-1991)
Tutoring pre-school children (1985-1989)
Evening classes for adults at University Extention LU Cene Štupar, Ljubljana (1984-1985)
Receptionist in Marina, THP Casino, Portorož (1981)